Adobe Flash Player will reach end of support on 31st December 2020, at which point Adobe will no longer update or distribute Flash Player and all major browsers will not allow Flash Player plugins.Read More
With the number of cyber attacks increasing daily, data-protection should be top-of-mind for today's businesses. Having a working back-up in place is crucial and could save you thousands of pounds and days of your business not being operational if you were to lose access to your key files and data.Cloud back-up is becoming increasingly popular due to its efficiency, reliability and improved security. It also offers a cheaper alternative to the traditional tape back up. However due to internet speed restrictions, some businesses can still rely on traditional tape drives or other removable media for their critical business data. Things to think about...
1. Are you backing up the right data?
- Identify the key data for your business and make sure this takes priority when being backed up
- Have multiple copies of your backup so you can go back for a period of time
2. Where do you keep your back-ups?
- Make sure they are stored in a separate location to your computer and ideally off site
- Ensure that the backups are kept in a secure location, preferably in a fire-proof safe
3. Have you considered the cloud?
- Using cloud storage means your data is physically separate from your location. We can supply your business with data storage and web services without you needing to invest in expensive hardware upfront
- Internet speeds are key for online backups. Datcom can advise and assist with your connection if you need to upgrade
4. Check your back-up EVERYDAY!
- Cloud or on site storage solutions now allow you to make back-ups automatically. Whatever you do make sure that it is set to run and being checked!
- Assign a member of staff to be responsible for the backups if they need to be stored or taken offsite
Apple are changing the validity check for TLS certificates from the 1st September 2020, this will affect all renewals after this point in time.Read More
With a large spotlight being shined on the technologies being used for working from home, we have taken this opportunity to talk about securing Microsoft Teams and best practice surrounding the data held within.Read More