Adobe Flash Player will reach end of support on 31st December 2020, at which point Adobe will no longer update or distribute Flash Player and all major browsers will not allow Flash Player plugins.Read More
If you are considering whether Microsoft Office 365 is a good option for your business there are various things to consider and weigh up:
Pros to using Office 365
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially backed service level agreement from Microsoft.
- Access to emails and services anytime from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Access to the latest version of Office where on an applicable package.
- Online storage of 1TB with One Drive for Business for on-the-go access to your files
- In the event of an internet connection issue you still have access to your emails from alternate internet services such as 3G.
- Office 365 offers in-built email protection services to help prevent virus outbreaks and spam.
- Access to SharePoint online for file storage and sharing in conjunction with One Drive for Business.
- Secure 2 factor authentication for additional security to authorise access with a phone call, text message or smartphone app.
- The underlying technology is controlled by Microsoft which removes the need for you to maintain the service and equipment.
- Easy scalability - as the company grows or reduces you can tailor the amount of licenses you pay for.
- Data stored in EU for UK compliance
- Constant improvement and development of products and services
- 150mb send and receive limit for emails
- Easy migration route from most email providers and services to 365
- Password synchronisation between Office account and domain account (where a domain is in use on the corporate network).
Cons to using Office 365
- The underlying technology is controlled by Microsoft which reduces your ability for diagnostics and remediation.
- A monthly cost for the duration of the contract compared to outright buying and owning the equipment and software for an on premise equivalent.
- Speed of internet determines response speed of sent/received emails when compared with an on premises implementation.
- Quality of internet connection determines quality of service.
- Data stored in EU for UK compliance but not specifically in the UK.
- Separate authentication data store when single-sign on is not enabled.
Apple are changing the validity check for TLS certificates from the 1st September 2020, this will affect all renewals after this point in time.Read More
With a large spotlight being shined on the technologies being used for working from home, we have taken this opportunity to talk about securing Microsoft Teams and best practice surrounding the data held within.Read More