With UK temperatures reaching record breaking temperatures this week, it’s crucial that you keep your IT infrastructure cool, so that your business can operate as normal.Read More
- Try and detect the infection as soon as possible. It takes time for ransomware to encrypt files and if it is found in the early stages of infection then the damage can be more easily rectified.
- Use some software to detect ransomware. At Datcom we have written an application which reports back to our Network Operations Centre if there is a possibility of infection, and also indicates the user who might be infected.
- Identify the computer which is causing the infection and disconnect the Ethernet cable or switch off the Wi-Fi. If you are unsure, turn off the computer too.
- Train your team to respond if they receive a ransomware pop-up (it is surprising how many people will close the infection alert and not notify anyone, losing valuable minutes or hours.)
- Switch off folder sharing on the server in case the virus has spread to more than one computer.
We were proud to be part of Dragon Boat Festival 2022, which took place on 18 June on the river Brayford in Lincoln. Congratulations to all the rowers and everyone who helped us support a fantastic cause.Read More
Microsoft has announced that Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) will be end of life on 15th June 2022.Read More