Adobe Flash Player will reach end of support on 31st December 2020, at which point Adobe will no longer update or distribute Flash Player and all major browsers will not allow Flash Player plugins.Read More
- Try and detect the infection as soon as possible. It takes time for ransomware to encrypt files and if it is found in the early stages of infection then the damage can be more easily rectified.
- Use some software to detect ransomware. At Datcom we have written an application which reports back to our Network Operations Centre if there is a possibility of infection, and also indicates the user who might be infected.
- Identify the computer which is causing the infection and disconnect the Ethernet cable or switch off the Wi-Fi. If you are unsure, turn off the computer too.
- Train your team to respond if they receive a ransomware pop-up (it is surprising how many people will close the infection alert and not notify anyone, losing valuable minutes or hours.)
- Switch off folder sharing on the server in case the virus has spread to more than one computer.
Apple are changing the validity check for TLS certificates from the 1st September 2020, this will affect all renewals after this point in time.Read More
With a large spotlight being shined on the technologies being used for working from home, we have taken this opportunity to talk about securing Microsoft Teams and best practice surrounding the data held within.Read More