Are you aware that Microsoft have recently launched Office 2019 for Windows and Mac?Are you aware that Microsoft have recently launched Office 2019 for Windows and Mac? As of September 2018, there are now three versions of Office to choose from including Office 2016, Office 2019 and Office 365. From cloud subscription plans to multiple local copy options, businesses now have a choice of Office models that best suits their business strategy and requirements. Office 365 users have been enjoying the latest features in Word, Excel and PowerPoint for years and now, some of these features have been made available for none cloud users, in Office 2019. There are however, system requirements you need to be aware of before purchasing the new Office 2019. This article will outline:
- What is Office 2019?
- What are the new features?
- System requirements
What is it?Microsoft Office 2019 is a local version of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and is the first big update since version 2016. Unlike Office 365, Office 2019 is a perpetual licence, meaning it is a ‘one-time fee’, for access to all the features. If your business has chosen not to move applications to the cloud and prefer an on premise IT environment instead, you can now enjoy some of the features cloud users have had for years.If you already subscribe to an Office 365 plan, your applications and new features are updated as they are released. The Office 2019 release therefore will not affect you.
New featuresMicrosoft have released a host of updates and new features in Office 2019 across multiple applications. For Windows Desktop, some of these include:
- Focussed Inbox allows you to manage your important emails
- View 3 time zones at once when scheduling meetings
- Listen to your emails
- See who’s attending a meeting, even if you’re not the organiser
- Various new formula functions
- New charts to better visualise data
- Ink effects with customisable pen sets
- Write a maths equation with your pen or finger and excel will convert to text
- Translate words and phrases to another language
- Sound effects to help with cues
- Improved digital pen features
- Various learning tools including better reading experience with adjusted text spacing and page colour
- Listen as Word reads out your document, highlighting as it goes
- Insert 3D models and have the ability to rotate it
- Morph creates smooth movement to animations and transitions
- Skip slides without interrupting the presentation with Zoom
- Insert a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) in a presentation & re-colour, re-shape, re-size the image without losing any quality