From the 5th November, the country will start a new four-week lockdown. Over this period Datcom will continue to provide the highest level of support and service to our clients, no matter whether you are working from home, in the office or on the road.Read More
What's newIE11 will no longer be supported after 13th October 2020 and will go into extended End of Life support until 2025.
How does this affect me?
- Any Windows or Windows Servers still using IE11 need to be migrated to Microsoft Edge or other product.
- Any applications using IE components need to migrate over to .NET Core.
- Applications, such as Microsoft Teams, will no longer use or allow the user of IE11 and will default to Edge.
- Intranet applications designed for IE will need to be modernised for newer browsers.
- Market share of IE11 is 1.41%, mainly older PCs or PCs with intranet applications might still be using IE11.
- Extended EOL is available only to Enterprise customers and will be an additional cost per instance for Microsoft to provide support.
What do I need to do?
- Audit your Server and PC estate and evaluate which PCs still use IE11.
- Deploy Edge or an alternative browser to your estate.
- If your device is a Datcom managed device we will automatically upgrade the edition of Office for you.
- If your device is unmanaged you will need to log a ticket with Datcom or your 1st line support to receive the upgrade.
Are you getting the most from your Microsoft 365 subscription? Are you using Power Apps or Power Automate to help make efficiency and cultural improvements in your business? Here is an example at Datcom of how we used Power Apps to improve team members communication and to prompt team working.Read More