When considering network management and support, one of the key things to think about is how to monitor business infrastructure, such as servers, switches, routers and other elements.Read More
What's newIE11 will no longer be supported after 13th October 2020 and will go into extended End of Life support until 2025.
How does this affect me?
- Any Windows or Windows Servers still using IE11 need to be migrated to Microsoft Edge or other product.
- Any applications using IE components need to migrate over to .NET Core.
- Applications, such as Microsoft Teams, will no longer use or allow the user of IE11 and will default to Edge.
- Intranet applications designed for IE will need to be modernised for newer browsers.
- Market share of IE11 is 1.41%, mainly older PCs or PCs with intranet applications might still be using IE11.
- Extended EOL is available only to Enterprise customers and will be an additional cost per instance for Microsoft to provide support.
What do I need to do?
- Audit your Server and PC estate and evaluate which PCs still use IE11.
- Deploy Edge or an alternative browser to your estate.
- If your device is a Datcom managed device we will automatically upgrade the edition of Office for you.
- If your device is unmanaged you will need to log a ticket with Datcom or your 1st line support to receive the upgrade.
Here at Datcom, we help many of our clients ensure their business data is backed up. Let’s look into why it’s worth considering if your business needs to evaluate its backup requirements.Read More
Microsoft has stopped official support for Windows 7, more importantly, you may not have heard that this was also the case for their Server 2008 and Server 2008 r2 operating systems. You will no longer receive software updates for either system, making your data vulnerable. What should you do about it?Read More