With around 2.9 billion monthly users, Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites. So it’s no surprise that this large audience is a target for scams and fraudulent activity. There are some common tricks that cyber criminals like to use. Take a look and see if you have come across any.Read More
What's newAny user with login access to a Linux OS can utilise a Buffer Overflow to gain administrative access to the system using Sudo.
How does this affect me?
- If you are running the following version of Sudo then you are affected: -
- All legacy versions from 1.8.2 to 1.8.31p2
- All stable versions from 1.9.0 to 1.9.5p1
What do I need to do?
- As per Qualys's instructions, to test if your system is vulnerable, login as a non-root user and run command: -
sudoedit -s /If the system is vulnerable, it will respond with an error that starts with “sudoedit:”If the system is patched, it will respond with an error that starts with “usage:”
- If you are vulnerable update Sudo or your OS.
Cyber Essentials (CE) and Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) are accreditations that demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to safe digital practices. Here’s why we think they’re important and how you can get started.Read More
The latest major release from Microsoft hosts some powerful and attractive new features. Find out more about Windows 11 here before you upgrade.Read More