Here at Datcom, we help many of our clients ensure their business data is backed up. Let’s look into why it’s worth considering if your business needs to evaluate its backup requirements.Read More
What's newAdobe has announced that end of life for Flash Player will be on the 31st December 2020. After this point Adobe will no longer distribute or update Flash Player.It is expected that all browsers will remove the ability to use Adobe Flash, meaning any websites or administrative tools will stop functioning, including, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and Apple Safari.
How does this affect me?
- If you have a website with embedded Adobe Flash content, it must be updated before the end of 2020.
- If you use older administrative tools, such as VMware vCenter 6.5 or less, then you will no longer be able to use it within an up-to-date browser.
What do I need to do?
- Ensure your websites contain no Adobe Flash, if they do replace Adobe Flash using HTML5.
- Ensure VMware vCentre is upgraded to the latest Virtual Appliance edition.
- Ensure all your Remote Access Cards on servers are installed with up-to-date firmware, as many older editions utilised Flash.
- Check all your system administrative tools to ensure they contain no elements of Flash.
Lockdown may have kept us all indoors but during this period Datcom increased the team access to online training materials to allow them to continue their development from home.Read More
Support for Office 2010 will end on October 13, 2020 and there will be no extension and no extended security updates. All of your Office 2010 apps will continue to function.Read More