From the 5th November, the country will start a new four-week lockdown. Over this period Datcom will continue to provide the highest level of support and service to our clients, no matter whether you are working from home, in the office or on the road.Read More
What's newAdobe has announced that end of life for Flash Player will be on the 31st December 2020. After this point Adobe will no longer distribute or update Flash Player.It is expected that all browsers will remove the ability to use Adobe Flash, meaning any websites or administrative tools will stop functioning, including, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and Apple Safari.
How does this affect me?
- If you have a website with embedded Adobe Flash content, it must be updated before the end of 2020.
- If you use older administrative tools, such as VMware vCenter 6.5 or less, then you will no longer be able to use it within an up-to-date browser.
What do I need to do?
- Ensure your websites contain no Adobe Flash, if they do replace Adobe Flash using HTML5.
- Ensure VMware vCentre is upgraded to the latest Virtual Appliance edition.
- Ensure all your Remote Access Cards on servers are installed with up-to-date firmware, as many older editions utilised Flash.
- Check all your system administrative tools to ensure they contain no elements of Flash.
Are you getting the most from your Microsoft 365 subscription? Are you using Power Apps or Power Automate to help make efficiency and cultural improvements in your business? Here is an example at Datcom of how we used Power Apps to improve team members communication and to prompt team working.Read More