Datcom is a leading Managed Service Provider in the East Midlands, supplying the highest quality Fully Managed IT services to our customers.Are you already experienced in the IT sector and are looking for a challenging and rewarding role with a fast-growing company? If so, this is an ideal opportunity to start or progress your career in IT, working with experienced professionals with a passion for technology, customer service, automation, and innovation.
The RoleThe role of Service Desk Engineer is a 2nd Line position with the Service Desk team, providing high-quality support and projects to a small selection of clients within your designated team.The role involves: -
- 2nd line support
- Desktop and server support on Windows, OS-X and Linux systems.
- To provide network support on switches, firewalls and any other networked devices.
- To provide software support.
- Documentation of work and systems.
- Answering and dealing with any support calls.
- Covering any roles during busy or short-staffed periods.
- Ensure Datcom SLA’s are met and aren’t breached.
- Extended Hours Support.
- Windows Desktop and Server.
- Azure AD & Office 365.
- Networks; Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless
- CentOS and Debian
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- RMM tools
- Monitoring tools
- Clear, confident and polite telephone manner.
- Excellent grammar and English.
- Excellent personal and workload organisation.
- Be always willing to go that extra step for our clients.
- Be able to work and communicate effectively in a busy close-knit team.
- Clean, Full Driving License Required.
SalaryThe salary for this position is between £26K to £34K, depending on experience and skill sets.
LocationThis role is available in traditional or hybrid models. We may require you to be available for our 24x7 remote support rota.
TrainingWe expect all our team to be continually learning and developing their tech and soft skills. You will be fully supported by a comprehensive training package, bringing your skills up to the best possible level to support you in your new role. You will be required to pass certifications alongside attending internal and external training.
ProgressionThe successful candidate will have the opportunity for career progression, whether into team leadership, escalation, automation, security, or projects roles.
If you would like to apply for the Service Desk Engineer position, please complete and submit this form.
Thank you for submitting your application, we'll be in touch shortly. If you have any further questions about your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There was an error trying to submit your application, please email email@example.com with your details and CV.